Early Childhood Education
The Carpinteria Children’s Project aims to ensure that all children in Carpinteria have the opportunity to learn in an early childhood education program. We enroll approximately 120 children aged three months to six years. We work with our network partner programs and others in Carpinteria to help each interested family find a program for their child; different programs are available depending on families’ income and risk factors. Click here to view the most current Parent Handbook.
- An after-school program for preschoolers, kindergarteners and first graders
- The Soroptimists’ Safety Town
- Two classrooms of United Way Pre-Kindergarten Summer Institute
- Child care nearly every morning and Tuesday evenings during classes for parents
- Love and Language, a morning class for young children who are not in licensed ECE and their caregiver in our local People’s Self-Help Housing development